PREPARE FOR FIRST-TIME USE
- With the aqua cap closed, press the safety catch while pulling off the clear base
- Write discard by date on the label of the respimat inhaler. The discard by date is 3 months from the date the cartridge is inserted into the inhaler.
- Insert the narrow end of the cartridge into the inhaler. Place the inhaler on a firm surface and push down firmly until it snaps into place.
- Put the clear base back into place until it clicks.
- Keep the cap closed. Turn the clear base in the direction of the arrows on the label until it clicks (half a turn).
- Open the cap until it snaps fully open.
- Point the inhaler toward the ground. Press the dose-release button. Close the cap.
Repeat steps 5-7 until a cloud is visible. After a cloud is visible, repeat steps 5-7 three more times.
- Keep the cap closed. TURN the clear base in the direction of the arrows on the label until it clicks (half a turn).
- Breathe out slowly and fully. Close your lips around the mouthpiece without covering the air vents.
- While taking a slow, deep breathe through your mouth, PRESS the dose-release button and continue to breath-in slowly.
- Remove the respimat from your mouth. Hold your breath for 10 seconds or for as long as comfortable.
- Breathe out slowly
• If your respimat inhaler has not been used for more than 3 days, repeat steps 5-7 to spray one puff toward the ground to prepare the inhaler for use.
• If your respimat inhaler has not been used for more than 21 days, repeat steps 5-7 until a cloud is visible. Then repeat steps 5-7 three more times to prepare inhaler for use.
• The dose indicator shows approximately how much medication is left. When the dose indicator enters the red area of the scale you need to get a new prescription; there are approximately 14 puffs of medication left.
• Once the dose indicator has reached the end of the scale, all puffs have been used and the respimat locks automatically. The clear base cannot be turned any further.
• Discard the respimat inhaler 3 months after insertion of cartridge into inhaler, even if there is unused medication left or it has not been used.
CARE FOR YOUR RESPIMAT
Clean the mouthpiece including the metal part inside the mouthpiece with a damp cloth or tissue only, at least once a week.
For enquiries, please call ：
Matilda International Hospital – Pharmacy Department
41 Mount Kellett Road, The Peak, Hong Kong
t 2849 1531